When it comes to olive oil, fresher is better!
Oh, Olive Oils
- Contain no carry-over from previous year
- Are not "blended" from several oils of the previous season
- Produced where average time between picking & crushing is 6 hours
- High in polyphenols; antioxidants that fight cancer, diabetes, etc.
- Crushed from growing seasons in both hemispheres to assure the freshest and best quality and highest concentration of powerful antioxidants
But what about the balsamic vinegar?
Balsamic vinegar health benefits comprise reduced risk of heart diseases, cancer and other infectious diseases. Moreover, balsamic vinegar decelerates the aging process, controls diabetes, assists in digestion, and is a natural pain reliever.
Originating in Italy, this condiment is an aromatic, thick, dark, syrup-like aged type of vinegar, prepared by the reduction of cooked graphes. Balsamic vinegar, though popularly referred to as wine vinegar is not made from wine, but is prepared from grape pressings during the fermentation process.
The best balsamic vinegar is prepared in the hills of Modena, in Italy, where unique and flavorful balsamic vinegar is formed. This vinegar is known to be a cut above the other types of vinegar. Unlike the sharp taste of regular vinegar, balsamic vinegar has a rich, sweet flavor. You need to taste it to believe it!