Slow Cooker Guinness Corned Beef
• 1/2 onion, chopped
• Oh Olive Garlic Olive Oil – 4 teaspoons
• Oh Olive Garlic Blend Seasoning – 1 teaspoon
• 6 carrots, chopped
• 3 celery stalks, chopped
• 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/4 cup tomato paste
• 1 tablespoon Galena Garlic Dill Seasoning
• 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can beef broth
• 6 black peppercorns
• 2 whole cloves
• 1 (3-5-pound) cured corned beef brisket, flat cut
• 1 can/bottle Guinness stout
• 1-2 cups water
Rub slow cooker with Garlic Olive Oil. Take corned beef from package and rub meat with remaining Garlic Olive Oil, then season with ground black pepper, garlic seasoning, and spice packet that comes with the meat.
1. Put chopped vegetables in the bottom of slow cooker.
2. Mix brown sugar, tomato paste, and dill seasoning with beef broth. Pour over vegetables.
3. Top with peppercorns and cloves.
4. Add corned beef to slow cooker, pour Guinness over the meat. Top off with beef broth until pot is roughly 2/3 full.
5. Cook on low for 8 hours.
6. Remove meat from juices and slice to serve.